As a consumer product expert I review a lot of products. This simple solution I just discovered is a life changer. They are called levears earring lifts. Just bought a package the other day and they are so easy to use. IF you have an issue with earrings drooping this is the must have product to try. They also don’t hurt your ears, which sometimes I have problems with earring backs. Such a great invention. Check them out at levears.com
Here it is! Just a few must have items for those on your holiday list this year. Thank you to all of these companies for sending along their wonderful gifts. We try out and test out all products so you know you are getting a good deal and some truly, fun, unique gift ideas. Whether you are looking for the tween in your life, gifts for mom or gifts for guys we have some thoughts. So here it is – the top ten gift guide. Happy Holidays from trendymommies!
- Perfect for mom: Soma PJs – we have a tradition on our house of opening up a pair of pjs on Christmas Eve each year. What mom would love are these cool nights PJs. They are super soft, comfy and keep you cool at night. They do work as I tested them out and lounged in them all weekend. Plus technically you can wear them as loungewear! #pajamasallday is what I love during the holiday season. Prices start at $49.
- Perfect for your sister, officemate: Tata Harper – beauty kits are a great gift for mom or tweens in your life. I will always give products that are non-toxic, safe and effective. I love this line and my teen steals some of these products from my bathroom. Super cute sets for teens on their site including the detox defense set. This is a four-piece regimen, which includes a very nice Purifying Mask that adds a touch of nourishing moisture. The kit also contains mini sizes of Nourishing Oil Cleanser (15 ml), a Purifying Cleanser (15 ml) and their must have product – the Replenishing Nutrient Complex (3 ml) ($42) AND as an extra stocking stuffer get the Be Smitten lip treatment. With a hint of pink color this tinted plumping & hydrating lip treatment leaves lips so smooth and the color really will flatter anyone. Super nourishing too! ($29)
- Perfect for the BFF: Of course my beloved Beautycounter holiday kits are also my favorite. What can I say about these gorgeous red boxed gift sets? Any mom would love to receive a packaged gift like the lip gloss or travel set. If you did not order in time there is always Valentine’s Day!
- Perfect for anyone: David’s Tea – you all know I love tea but have you been to a David’s Tea retailer? They have the best selection of teas and adorable gifts for the tea lover in your life. What? You don’t know a tea lover? Well if you gift any of these items to anyone on your list they will be hooked! From the sets, mugs and loose teas you cannot go wrong in this store or their online site. These adorable affordable gift ideas are perfect for the teacher, sister, bus driver – anyone really. I love the mini pouch of tea bags, the 25 days of teas and of course any of their tea mugs (especially the travel mugs) The travel pouch is $10 and has 5 sachets. As a memorable gift the collectible tea-filled ornament is filled with hot chocolate tea which is a medium caffeine tea with chocolate nibs and chocolate chips in a base of black tea – delightful. Kids will love the night before Christmas which is nice book of nine caffeine free teas with fun names like sleigh ride, sweet dreams and apple cider.
- Perfect for the kids: Harbor Sweets – not all chocolate is alike and these chocolates are handmade in Salem, Mass Kids will love them. Of course the kids immediately had to test out the chocolate Christmas calendar – like a traditional advent calendar each window is filled with dark horse chocolates- some with almond butter crunch, caramel and peppermint crunch. Really, any boxed chocolate you purchase from this company is sure to please anyone on your list. The company also has a new line called Gather Chocolate to raise awareness of the plight of the honeybee. 2.5% of all Gather sales goes to the Pollinator Partnership to aid in their efforts to preserve and protect the pollinators.
- Perfect for the hubby: Anything at CVS – this is THE retailer where I buy small gifts and ornaments and the gifts for dad like chargers and tech stuff. Hubby would even appreciate a gift card to CVS too. Who doesn’t love a gift card?
- Perfect for those that are hard to buy for or for those that have everything: Anything from The Grommet – Shop for unique gifts, innovative tech gadgets, and more as The Grommet has truly unique gadgets for everyone on your list. For little girls/tweens order the Vegan nail polish set (perfectly safe and cute colors) and the Wearable nail polish holder is the most inventive product on the market. It makes it easy for them to paint their own nails. Mom will love this invention too. I loved it – it was super easy to use and make it much easier to do your own nails. For your bff she will love the Bittersweet hair tie bracelet. If you are sick of seeing that hair elastic on your wrist and the dents it leaves, bittersweet by Maria Shireen® makes a sleek hair tie bracelets holder out of stainless steel. Simply, slip the bracelet on, then the elastic over to rest in the groove. It looks very chic and just like a bracelet. For boys and tween boys they will think the Wristband headphones are cool. Plus, they won’t lose them mom! These braided wrist brand head phones transform into an undercover bracelet. Plus their textured fabric exterior prevents any tangling. For your pet – the Silent pet tag. No more jiggling tags as this super cute tag is the perfect gift. All products on this site are creative, solve problems and I love how easy it is to navigate through the site for your last minute gift giving needs!
- Perfect for the tech lover – Clutchette power purse by Chic Buds. The Clutchette Power is a phone charger in a bag. It has an ultra-thin battery, built-in USB cords and room to carry your keys, lip gloss and other night out essentials. I like how it is sleek enough to throw into a larger bag and it makes a perfect gift for the fashionista in your life! $49.99
- Perfect for the fashionista – Speaking of fashionista she would love a gift from Tartan + Twine. This company makes a range of cosmetic bags – pick her favorite color (sold at Ulta and retailers nationwide) and prices start at $12.00
- Perfect for the kids: I don’t have a lot of young kids to buy for this year but I have heard Hatchimals are the must have item (no I don’t have one so don’t ask) but I always love games for kids and of course I love the classics like bananagrams and apples to apples. A gift card to Barnes & Noble is a great option as they have a great toy selection and it is not too overwhelming and of course their kids book section is fun to look through
Happy Holidays to all!!!
Disclosure: The companies listed above sent me products to review and test out. As always all opinions in this blog post are my ow
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I love the holiday season and I am very organized when it comes to gift buying and shopping. I am all for one stop shopping and getting it done early and quickly. CVS sent me a few fun goodies for the holiday season -the retailer really has something for everyone. I stopped there to pick up a few holiday decorations, a gift for the puppy, stocking stuffers and snacks for the girls – see! one stop shopping. Here are a few gift ideas that you can always find at CVS. Also, don’t forget to use those extra bucks for extra savings. I love waiting at the register for the print out to see what savings I have – I know – such a shopping geek!
1. Decorations – I still have my reindeer ears and nose from a few years ago purchased at CVS. They have a nice selection of unique holiday decor from tiny trees, stockings, ornaments and these adorable clear nutcrackers. The holiday isle is perfect for shopping for secret santa gifts.
2. Beauty – Look above at the top shelf in the beauty isles for cute packaged gift ideas for the gal in your life – who doesn’t love lip gloss and nail polish?
3. Candy – my girls love CVS for the selection of their brand name packaged candy and of course the upfront candy section. The retailer has a nice selection of holiday candy packaged up too.
4. Stocking Stuffer gift ideas – so growing up the stocking was always filled with items that you need like socks, necessities such as lotion, deodorant, etc. Check out the travel section for some cute ideas.
5. Don’t forget Fido – In case you didn’t know they also have supplies for cats and dogs at CVS too – so it really is easy, fun and quick shopping at CVS!
Disclosure: I partnered with CVS and they sent me some fun goodies for the holiday and a gift card. As always all opinions are my own in this blog post.
Tis’ the season for running around at the last minute…fa la la la la!
This morning on New England Cable News we were discussing stocking stuffer gift ideas. Here are some of the great finds we absolutely love!
- Bloom Black Ties.com – it’s a pony tail holder made to look like jewelry on your wrist. What a great invention – how many of you have a black pony tail holder on your wrist right now?? Buy these chic ones and you’ll never be embarrassed again with a line of hair ties on your wrist!
- Speaking of hair ties, DimannoDesigns.com has great handcrafted ponytail holders ($12.00) and wrist cuffs ($33.00 and up) – perfect for your teens.
- I love TarteCosmetics.com This line is a favorite of mine as their products are made with vitamins, minerals and natural fruit and plant extracts and they are formulated without parabens, phthalates and synthetic fragrances. puttin’ on the glitz limited-edition color collection & clutch is worth it as it is a clutch and has THREE compacts that you can choose from ($48.00)
- If you want to give your little princess a little bling try ostbye.com Ostbye: Little Diva Diamonds™ collection: They retail for under $150 and the company offers pendants, bracelets, and earrings. Each piece features a real diamond and sterling silver design.
- It seems a lot of kids this season are requesting watches. RUBR watches – Interchangeable, fun, colorful watches ($25)
- Bike Glow.com is great for kids. It’s a fun, safe way to light up your bike. ($25.00)
Here are some organic finds:
- Glee gum.com is a company is based in Providence, RI that makes all natural, no preservatives, fun, flavored gum. The make your own chewing gum makes 50 sticks – all ingredients in the kit including the pan ($13.00)
- For your artists – Glob IT ON.com paint set all natural colors made from fruits and veggies, flowers and spices ($15.00)
- Kids love hot chocolate so they will need a reusable cup: Keepcup.com is a BPA free, kids re-usable cup for hot cocoa ($10.00)
We love our treats during the holidays and these are sure to bring a smile on a child’s face or a great gift to bring to your neighbors or anyone you visit this season.
- An Osterville, MA mom created my little cup cake pop.com –– these are very trendy. They have no bake recopies on their web site . The cake pop mold is fun and easy to use ($5.95)
- Lake Champlain chocolates – fresh, all natural from VT starting at 10 dollars
- Other fun candy like Rudolf’s boogers (ha, ha) can be found at: www.niftycandy.com
- Dancing Deer.com is a favorite of mine. Based in Boston but available online and at Whole Foods, these Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best. The Whole Grain PB& J squares are new. The sward winning Chocolate Chunk Brownies have been named “America’s Best Tasting Brownie” based on a recent blind taste test in City Hall Plaza, Boston and a national consumer survey. They all come in the perfect stocking stuffer size)
Tomorrow we will tackle the toy list and warm weather fashions and accessories!
You know I love my jewelry but keeping it organized can be a real pain. To hang or not to hang? To put in a tray or not? Here are some neat solutions to solve that jewelry storage problem.
The container store has some great storage solutions like the Green EVA Jewelry Store. It is made of dense foam to help protect the jewelry and can be stored in a drawer. This is great for watches, earrings and rings. The Green EVA Modular Drawer Organizers are so inexpensive you can buy a whole bunch and customize it as you wish as they are stackable.
I do have the Pottery Barn Teen wire storage trays but instead of using them for jewelry I use them for my bath products!
I like this tray from Bed Bath & Beyond as it keeps sterling from tarnishing. The trays have a dark brown faux leather exterior, a tan faux suede interior, and a lining treated with what the web site calls – Eliminox – which keeps sterling tarnish resistant for up to 30 years with normal use.
If you have a ton of earrings try this folding earring rack from get organized
For those with tweens the Bling Hangit jewelry hanger is cute and you can store earrings and necklaces.
Here’s to spring cleaning with our jewelry!
I know quite a few trendymommies who will have their eyes glued to the Golden Globes award show tonight. Can’t wait to see the fashions and jewelry! Speaking of jewelry I am admiring these for the moment: Marc by Marc Jacobs enamel disc drop earrings. I love a black and white look this time of year and pair these black and white earings with a crisp and clean white shirt and you’ll look great! I also love this newest bangle bracelet from Kate Spade. The black eyed susan hinged flower bangle goes with everything!
My friend invited me to a fashion show at the Four Seasons in Boston this past weekend and it was fun. Lots of jewelry, clothes and fashionable people!
I did not realize it was a benefit and fundraiser for this great organization called Ovations for the cure of ovarian cancer. http://www.ovationsforthecure.org
Please do go to the web site to see how this organization got started from the courage of one woman…
The fashion show featured Stuart Weitzman’s fall 2010 line as well as designs from Michael De Paulo Couture’s new spring 2011 line.
We loved the jewelry by Catalina Delatorre and especially the way it was presented. Check out the photos….Simply a work of art!