It’s cold in Boston and even though designers and trend setters are onto spring and summer the everyday mom needs to know what to wear from now until spring!Â So unto my top fashion trends for winter 2015.
1.Â Fur – not real fur but faux fur. It can keep you warm and it is fun too. The fur on the runways was a bit much and in bold colors but I like a nice black or brown fur vest to layer with a turtleneck.
2.Â Gold – anything in this color – use it as an accent piece and/or a scarf or sweater to brighten up your wardrobe.
3. Sportswear – my yoga friends will like this.Â Get it in fleece and other fun fabrics. So now you really can go from the gym to workÂ in sportswear and be trendy.
4.Â Khaki – think military in structured look – bingo! I have a few, fun looks in my closet right now that are warm and toasty – perfect for the weather we have been having latelyÂ – see photo below for some ideas.
5.Â Aspen chic – of course with fringe detailing and cozy knits this is perfect for the cold days ahead. IfÂ you had to add one thing to your wardrobe this is it.
6. ShearlingÂ – According to vogue.com, “Shearling made its comeback as this season’s must-have piece.” Trends do come and go but usually there is always one that is a must and something that you can have in your wardrobe for years. This is it. This Faux Shearling coat from my closet I have had for ages. Glad I kept it!
7. Velvet – for an evening out makes a statement. I have a pair of velvet leggings I wear during the holiday season that I love.
8. Leopard – I have always loved this trend and just picked up a leopard sweater/sweatshirty top for $12.99. If you are thinking that is too much leopard for you try leopard accessories. A nice shoe – see below- a scarf or purse can add a pop of excitement to your wardrobe in anything leopard.
9. Black and White Graphic – According to Vogue.com “Designers presented intricately geometric patterns, Rorschach-style motifs and trompe l’Å“il effects. The prints of the season created hypnotic images and optical illusions.”Â For the everyday woman just look for fun, striped patterns in black and white!
10. My favorite find – The Poncho -Â I love this look and especially since I picked up a Burberry inspired one in the fall I am all set for the cold evenings out. I love to wear all black with my poncho and/or pair it with my red pants for a fun look.
Stay warm and trendy this winter. *Photos below taken by my 13 year old!
Leopard sweatshirt just purchased for $12.99
military inspired sweater jacket
Leopard accessories from my closet!
Must have Poncho from trendymommies closet!