Well July came and went super quick! My girls are active in a summer swim and dive league and with daily practices it can get hectic. Summer sports seem to fly by and I cannot believe it is August! Usually I am quite active in the summer with barre, jogging and tennis and it seems once we went on vacation and came back to work that all stopped. But the summer is not over yet so I hope to get out more and play tennis and enjoy a bit of paddleboarding too. Our travels this summer focused mostly on the beach including trips to #Maine. This is my new favorite place to visit – Anchorage by the Sea
There is so much to do in #Ogunquit. It really is a beautiful place by the sea. What are your summer adventures?
A ride around #Ogunquit
The views are amazing anywhere in #Ogunquit #Maine
This past Friday was our first time skiing this year! The kids had a day off and we went early in the morning and there were no lines! It was very cold but they did not seem to notice and we were able to go up and down the hill tons! If you are local check outSki Bradford
If you have a day off I recommend going for the half-day pass from 8:30-1:00 on the weekdays as it is not too crowed then.
Boy was it hard to get back to work after taking a week off and suffering a stomach bug/cold. Happy New Year! What is on the agenda for the new year? Resolutions? I usually start a to do list instead or add some fun things to try or set goals for the new year. Here are my top 5:
1. Remember to take my vitamins. Since we already had the dreaded bug I added a supplement to my list. Why are vitamins so big and have a yucky taste? I found these adult gummy vitamins! I always crave a sweet treat after lunch so why not try these miltivites adult formula? They are made with natural colors and flavors and provide all the nutrients.
2. Get back to Disney! (or go on some warm vacation spot when it’s cold here in New England)
3. Ice Skate with my kids. I took my younger daughter to the open skate on Sunday and just sat there while some other fun moms actually put on skates and went around the rink. Must buy skates this week!
4. Drink more water! Thanks to this new AquaZinger I can create fun flavors of water at home. The AquaZinger is $25.95 and available online and at Brookstone stores. The Aqua Zinger offers a fun new way to enjoy drinking water by subtly infusing water with flavors. Add fruit like cucumber, lemon and lime, to blackberries, kiwi, strawberry, raspberry or even mint and basil – so light and refreshing!
5. Try a new exercise program – no more joining a gym and not using it! In our town and in the nearby surrounding towns there are so many exercise options that I must try one of these dance studios and classes! Here are the ones on my list to try so check them out as well and let me know what you think.
A friend is opening up iDance Boston! There is a pre-opening Trial Class Weekend this Saturday, January 12th and Sunday, January 13th from 8:30am-4pm. $7.00 per day for unlimited 20-minute classes. iDance Boston is an “open class studio blending dance and fitness for adults”, just drop in and pay as you go.
Yoga is something I have tried over the years and really want to incorporate it in weekly – plus have my kids try as well. Bedford-based Bonnie McCulloch hosts a yoga ladies night in and kids yoga parties as well as her weekly classes through the Bedford Recreation Department! You can follow her blog here too!
Here is the perfect solution to working out on the run (no pun intended!) Fit Kit contains all the essentials in one portable case. This fitness solution comes with an exercise band, resistance tube, jump rope and a stability attachment. You can also have access to the online resources as well as an exercise library, so it’s like having your own personal trainer. It is easy to use and very compact so there are no more excuses to not exercising while you are traveling. I will be taking this with me on our summer vacation! Give it a try ……and at $34.99 it’s an affordable and easy way to stay fit.
Also, check out @AmieHoffFitness to follow co-founder and fitness expert Amie Hofffitness and get more great tips.
Disclosure: The company sent me a kit to review. All opinions are my own.
It is a new year and the craziness of the holiday season is over. For many of us that means back to work, back to school and back to an exercise routine. My friend said she went to the gym on January 1st and there were no parking spaces in the parking lot. Let’s see how long that lasts! Notice I did not say I went to the gym and could not find a space…..
Hopefully the three sessions I bid on and won at a charity auction will help me jump start my fitness routine (yes, once again!)
This is sad for me to admit but I did have to dig though my closet for my sneakers and exercise clothes! Yes. those. old. exercise clothes. I think putting your clothes out and having them ready makes all the difference and having fun, cute exercise clothes can certainly help to motivate you as well. I do have two pairs of pants from lululemon athletica – They make the BEST pants! Of course the headbands, gym bags and tops are fun and fashionable as well!
A couple of nice workout shirts and my favorite lululemon pants should get me motivating in no time…psst..there is a sale going on in the lululemon stores right now so get moving!