Mother’s around the world rejoice – it’s your day!
Here is a suggested way to enjoy this day or get ready for requests for next year!
1. Tell the hubby what you want – you can interpret this anyway you want! If you want to relax in bed for a few hours (alone!) , go to the salon for a few hours of you time or spend it outdoors with the kids and hubby, plan it, say it and let them know that this is what you want to do on your day!
2. Think of what you did for your mom on this day. Although my mom is not with me I think back to what we did for her and it makes me smile. Traditions are always the best gift.
3. This is the best day to have people do stuff for you so be creative! “Kids, Please pick up and put all your clothes away, it is after all Mother’s Day” “Honey, can you clean the garage? That is what I want most!”
4. A favorite meal cooked or a hot fudge sundae delivered to you – whatever your favorite treat is enjoy it. Although my idea of a new recipe backfired this morning, it was the thought that counts right? If you look closely at the picture my kids tried to hide the fact that the pancake was charred as they added some sprinkles and a little cheerio to the top of the pancake (how cute are they?) The pretzel crumbs were a nice touch. YES, I did eat it and believe it or not it was not that bad! (at least that is what I told them)
5. Relax, relax and relax and enjoy your day!