Well for us in the northeast summer is over but that does not mean your tan has to fade! I am always one to use a great spf and then a self-tanner too for a bit of color. I have tried a lot of self-tanners over the years and am always looking for a natural, safe line. One that I just discovered is beautisol.It smells great and is cruelty free and vegan formulated without parabens.
I tested out the Medium Self-Tanning Mousse. What I liked is that it is lightweight, quick drying and offers a natural sun kissed glow. No orange at all. This is the best self-tanner I have tried in a while (and I have tried everything from lotions to gradual to spray tanning) and it lasts.
It does have a nice sent which most of the self-tanning products on the market do not. Their website says, “Beautisol’s odor eliminating fragrance technology, PURE SCENT, helps to neutralize the unpleasant processing odors that self-tanners are famous for by up to 80%.” and I agree – no weird smell.
I love how all products are PETA certified and are free of parabens, propylene glycol, sodium laurel and laureth sulfate. They have a line of other lotions, exfoliating mitts and application mitts – check them out!
Disclosure: The company sent me the mousse to test out. All opinions in this blog post are my own.
beautisol self tanner – quick, easy and no self tan odor!
The hot weather has arrived and summer is right around the corner. Now that I am older I wear a high SPF ALL THE TIME! I do like a bit of color and over the years have tried a ton of self tanning products. Some work and some don’t. As a person with fair skin I know you have to be careful with what types of products you use too. I tested out a new line called Skinny Tan and thought the products were great. So with summer here I thought it would be time to list my top 5 tips for a great self tan.
1. Use the mitt please – no tan palms. I use a self tanning mitt that comes with most products as some of the latest products dry super quick. What I do after I apply self tanner with the mitt is go over any parts that need to be rubbed in a bit more with my hands and quickly wash. I also make sure I self tan at night as to let myself dry overnight as you need it to sit for at least 8 hours no matter what the directions say.
2. Exfoliate days before and day of to get the best result – prep your skin days before by exfoliating and moisturizing before and then day of exfoliate for best results. Skinny Tan has the best exfoliator and it smells like coconuts. What I like about Skinny Tan is it is made with a seed tanner plus they also use naturally derived Guarana that together with the tan will help make cellulite look visibly smoother and less obvious – bonus!
3. Keep skin hydrated to make the tan last – You have to moisturize your skin as you don’t want flaky skin to come off with the tanner. What is tricky is I like to use oil and have not found an oil that does not take off the tanner until I tried Skinny Tan. Skinny Tan makes a nice after glow which is an oil that gives your skin a very nice sheen!
4. If you have a big event to go to don’t test out self tanners but use a bronzer instead- A big event is not the time to test out a brand new self tanner that worked on your friend (because each skin tone is different) instead use a 24 hour instant bronzer that you can see going on that way you wont make any mistakes! Skinny Tan has a great bronzer that washed off easily with soap and water. However, be warned if it rains it will run a bit!
5. Choose your lotion or mousse wisely – I like lotion the best. I found that certain mousses wash off right away in the shower the next day. One lotion I love is Vita Liberata as it lasts. The Skinny Tan does last as well but it did go on a bit thick so the next day the color was a bit overwhelming, however it faded each day and by the 3rd day I had a nice golden tan!
Don’t forget to use that SPF over any self tanner as many self tanners do not offer SPF!
Disclosure: Skinny Tan sent me a few products to test out; all opinions in this blog post are my own.
Try Skinny Tan for a natural glow with ingredients to smooth out cellulite
Argh..it has crept up sooner than I thought. Our club pool opened and I am not nearly ready to put on a bathing suit! In shape? No, swim suit ready? No, Tan – kind of…. The temperature went from 40 to 90 in one week so of course so many people in the northeast are white as ghosts and have no tan.
I have never really tanned that well and since getting older I realized a little help from the self tanner might make me look a little slimmer so I was all for it. Come on….I think we all have tried some self tan product sooner or later at some point in our lives…..and the self tanning products have come a long way. Some products work better than others (you know what I am talking about…that orangey look) Here are some products I just love, but if you are going to attempt to spray tan make sure you exfoliate well and don’t keep reapplying too often.
Jergens Daily moisturizer – this is the first step for the commitment phobic self tanner. Light, gradual and natural.Just bought the Jergens® natural glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer so have yet to try it
I love this line – Glow Fusion – but beware it dries very quickly which is good for getting dressed right away and sleeping on your sheets but bad for your palms. I got through all last summer with a dual pack of the natural protein tan and the enhancing emulsion.