We have a week left of summer and then it’s back to school! For many friends, today was the day to head back to school. We discussed getting ready for school this week on 980 WCAP-AM! Also, here is my top 5 list of ideas for getting ready at home.
1. Make a check list of last minute items and hang by the door. I like to put lists on white boards or clip boards and attach important papers to clip boards like items that need to be signed – there is a lot of paperwork the first few days of school! I especially love UM! Brands Hooks as they have fun colors. Each of your kids can have their own set of colored hooks. They also have great white boards and stick UM!s are made with nanosuction technology so you can stick and re-stick them as many times as you’d like – these are perfect for the middle school lockers and to hold your cell phone, brushes, etc. Use these hooks for backpacks, jackets and lunchboxes – the UM brand hooks are great for a mudroom as well. I also love the website organizedliving.com as they have wonderful junk drawer organizers, dry erase boards and laundry totes and laundry organizers which are perfect if you have kids heading to college.
2. Make a family calendar to put in a visible spot for important dates for school like back to school night, half-day teacher workshops, etc. My favorite selection is from calendars.com
3. Label, label, label everything. Our friends at Name Bubbles’ School Labels sent me a kit. These super cute labels come in a variety of sizes and styles that are waterproof, dishwasher, laundry and microwave
safe. The Name Bubbles School Pack has 88 personalized labels for $33.88. Use them on water bottles, lunch boxes, backpacks, pen, pencils, sports and after-school gear, clothes, shoes, gaming systems and
4. Make up some freezable lunch and breakfast items for those crazy days. I am all about convenience. Speaking of convenience, I also look for more natural foods so I love Nature’s Path Organic foods. Especially their Crunchy Granola Bars – which are perfect for after school snacks. They are full of Whole Grains and superfoods. Each serving contains at least 20 grams of Whole Grains, is high in fiber and low in sodium with no trans fat. Two of the bars boast superfoods: Apple Pie contains chia seeds and Peanut Choco is made with quinoa. We also love the Buttermilk Pancake Mix and the Love Crunch – Dark Chocolate & Red Berries granola.
5. Make a special box for your children to put their art work from school or that first test! I like the Keepsake portfolio from Lakeshore Learning. The site offers a wide range of unique children’s products that make learning FUN! From hands-on learning games and arts & crafts supplies to a variety of active play and outdoor learning products this is the site to go to for help getting that homework station organized.