What do you get dad for Father’s Day??Â I love practical gifts so here are a few suggestions for gifts for dad this year!
- Gift Bags!Â You can put whatever you want in a bag or get one already made up.Â My husband loves to bike and he loves Balance BarÂ®Â as a sweet treat. Balance Bar is offering its first-ever Fatherâ€™s Day Gift Set. The limited-edition Balance Bar Fatherâ€™s Day Gift Set includes: fifteen Balance BAREâ„¢ bars in three delicious flavors â€“ Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter; Sweet & Salty Chocolate Almond; and Blueberry Acai, a water bottle with a compartment for storing BARE bars and a card.
- Sports Authority:Â You name it my hubby loves this store and he loves the Under Armour Short Sleeve Tee($23.99). Made with a revolutionary fabric dye that reflects heat and UV rays and help dad stay cooler and more protected than ever before.
- For a sweet treat try Yonanas. This is a small machine that turns frozen fruit into a dessert that looks and tastes like soft-serve ice cream without the help of milk, cream, sugar, etc. Yonanas is sold in major retailers nationwide for $49.99.
- When you think technology you think gadgets for your phone, computer but here is one very interesting technologyâ€“ polar pillowÂ for a good nightâ€™s rest.Â Â The scientifically formulated gel technology is designed to regulate body temperature disorders. Â Thousands of micro air-beads will work to keep Dad cool while he sleeps and also provide a stable sleeping system that contours to the neck and head. Â It requires no electricity, water or refrigeration- Â the pillow works all by itself.
- TIMEX Marathon GPS Watch ($99):Â Perfect for all runners, this watch tracks distance and has GPS speed options.Â Another great find at Sports Authority
If dad needs a little pampering here are some suggestions:
- The BMR Facial Toner is a unique, discreet, and easy-to-use device that allows you to rejuvenate the face. Â The Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System by Clarisonic is a must have and it now comes in a grey color for dad
- The Tria hair removal laserÂ is FDA cleared and perfect to get rid of unwanted hair- Price: $395
- If wrinkles are a concern for dad try the LightStim for Wrinkles Â Price: $249
- It is hard to find organic skin care for men. Organic Male OM4 is a four step, skin specific fitness and conditioning system, featuring a dry, normal, oil, sensitive and anti aging collections.Â Every product is easy to use, requiring less than four minutes to apply, while each product targets a certain characteristic of the male skin.Â OM4 delivers natural â€œskin foodâ€ to address the differences in male and female skin.Â This seriously scientific skin care routine is perfect for good oleâ€™ dad and for men who want to protect their skin and keep it healthy everyday.Â Â Â Each set retails for $170
- If heâ€™s a â€œguyâ€™s guyâ€, the Around The World Beer Bucket is perfect for him from Gifts.com
- Personalized items â€“ you all know I love anything personalized – Personalization Mall has the best selection Â â€“ check out the beer mugs or a cooler for his beer!
- If dad loves the great outdoors buy this to keep away the bugs!Â The Terminix ALLCLEAR Mosquito Mister Lantern is a must and it is portable. Â $79.99. Available at ACE and True Value Hardware
Disclosure: All the products listed above were sent to me for review. All opinions are my own.
Monday, June 11
Last full week of school, last field trip- Let’s hear it for the teachers!
Today I volunteered for my second graders field trip. It was her last one for the year and the last one at this school. She moves onto 3rd grade in the fall, which in our town is a different school. The trip was right up the street from their school – Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge – and it was great to see the kids exploring and making observations. It was also a hoot to see some of the kids’ reactions! I have to give her teacher and the assistant teacher credit for their patience (especially with 20 kids near a pond of water!) They really are kind and gentle and were reminding the kids not to throw mud, dirt, or step in the ponds!Â I do have a great deal of respect for our teachers as it seems like a very difficult job getting the kids to focus on the last week of school. Plus with so many little personalities in the classroom I am sure patience is a must! Let’s hear it for the teachers and hope they all have a wonderful summer to unwind!