Mother’s Day is right around the corner. A few companies sent me products to review for the blog and my TV segment. Here are some of the fun ideas for gifts!
According to Wayfair.com, the online store for hundreds of home items, on their Motherâ€™s day survey 68% of women would rather receive a practical household gift over flowers, chocolates, and even jewelry this year. While I do love a good blender, (I have been eyeballing the kitchen aid mixer for years (hint, hint), for a practical gift I love this creation: the SHOULDIT
- A scarf is always a nice gift AND this one is functional! SHOLDIT.com looks like a traditional infinity scarf or wrap. But look closer and you’ll find two spacious zippered pockets perfectly sized to carry mom’s essentials –Â such as credit cards, keys, cash, cell phone, etc. — so she can leave the handbag at home. Perfect for the new mom! Starts at $49.00
If mom is more traditional think jewelry, chocolate, flowers and here are a few ideas:
- Jewelry is the best gift. Tiffany & Co.Â Alex and Ani and David Yurman are my favorites. Even a handmade bracelet is nice!
- Of course chocolate is a treat! Â Anytime I walk down the chocolate isle at Whole Food it is like a dream seeing all the organic chocolate in all yummy flavors. Dad: grab a variety and put it in a nice bag, it’s that easy.
- Flowers:Â Have the kids make you flowers as they last! These felt flower bouquet fromÂ kiwicrate.com lasts and dad can involve the kids in an activity while mom sleeps in. $12.95
- We love the gift ideas from calendars.com.Â Make Your Own Stepping Stones Kit is so cute.Â If Mom loves being in the garden, then this kit is perfect! These make great keepsakes for years to come and Mom will smile every time she steps outside. The kit includes press-in numbers, letters, and punctuation marks, but a handprint is always a personal touch.https://www.calendars.com/Gardening-Gifts-for-Mom/Make-Your-Own-Stepping-Stones-Kit/prod201100014064Â
- Also from calendars.comÂ the Just Between Us Book is a nice keepsake for moms and daughters. This beautiful keepsake journal is a must for any teenage girl and her mother.Â Advice, guidelines, and prompts by author Meredith Jacobs and her thirteen-year-old daughter Sofie pave the way to discussing everything from friends and school to crushes and growing up. With plenty of free space to write about whatever’s on their minds and fun pages for drawing pictures and making lists, this journal will open the lines of communication and help moms and daughters create memories that will last a lifetime https://www.calendars.com/Inspirational-Gifts-for-Mom/Just-Between-Us-Book/prod201300018490/
- Moms love convenience and technology and I love my ipad. There are so many fun cases for the ipad which makes a nice gift:Â BuiltNY.com cases are just great. They are made from NEOPRENE (like the wet suit material) Great protection and Florals are in this season!Â $29.99
- And if mom loves her Technology but is worried about cell phone radiation:Â Â Bodywellchip.comÂ -Â The Bodywell Chip is scientifically-proven to curb up to 80% of cell phone radiation without interfering with your phoneâ€™s signal.Â Research shows cell phones do emit electromagnetic radiation which can be processed into the body at a specific absorption rate (SAR), which could negatively affect health, possibly causing brain tumors, headaches, fatigue, loss of sleep, and more.Â $29.99
Disclosure: the above companies sent me the products to review. All opinions are my own.